DARE to be You is an award winning family based program that empowers youth, families and communities.
Adults and youths from many diverse communities enjoy the interactive, engaging, and empowering quality of the program. This combined with strong evidence from our controlled research adds up to an evidence based program that makes important changes for families and youth. And, it has complete materials and training to help sites implement the tested models. The key program concepts are appropriate across diverse cultures and settings.
DARE to be You (DTBY) focuses on positive development of youth (and prevention of problem behaviors) through training, curriculum, and technical assistance for
- Families with preschool children (ages 2 to 5)
- Families with early elementary children (ages 5 to 8) and their teachers
- Families with middle school children (ages 11 to 14)
2. Teachers and staff in school and after-school programs (K-12th grades)
3. Teams of community volunteers working with youth
DARE to be You has had multiple replications that have further demonstrated the positive results that DTBY can offer your community. The DTBY program packages include replication and evaluation tools as well as technical support.
It is a model program for several federal and state agencies and is listed on the National Registry for Effective Prevention Programs.
More about DTBY
- Order Form
- Sites and Populations