Family, Home and Consumer Science Programs
Celebrate Bountiful Produce During Colorado Proud Month
August is “Colorado Proud Month” and the perfect time to look for the Colorado Proud label and buy local. Celebrate this special time of year by joining in the fun of the “Choose Colorado Produce Challenge.” This online photo contest complete with local challenges and produce trivia encourages Coloradans to get reacquainted with the state’s bountiful produce. Look for Colorado products at your local grocery store, farmers’ market or at restaurants across the state.With summer at its peak and the grilling season in full swing it’s time to unleash the power of the “Wedge.” This salad is 100% Colorado and the perfect accent to grilled steak, chicken, pork or lamb chops, or enjoyed simply on its own.
Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is the most common form of primary dementia, accounting for 50-80 percent of all dementia. Learn more
Fly your American Flag to honor our troops fighting for our freedom!
Area Farm Markets
- Norwood Farm and Craft Market, Saturdays, 9-1 pm Lucerne & Grand Ave, Norwood
- Telluride Farm Market, Fridays -Gondola Plaza & Oak Street, Spring to Fall, times
- Ridgway Farm Market
- Ouray Farm Market
- Farm Market Facts
- Master Food Safety Advisor Program
- Contact Us for Canning or Preserving Fact Sheets or :"So Easy to Preserve" Book for sale at our Office.
CSU NFCM Recipes
- Carrot Soup
- Cuke Slaw
- Kale Pesto
- Raw Green Bean Salad
- Squash Salad
- Coriander Scented New Potatoes
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Cherry Smoothie
New Food Pyramid
- One size doesn't fit all!
Choose myplate.gov offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan/ assess your food choices based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.