Family, Home and Consumer Science Programs
Bringing Your Food
Product to Market!
A Food Safety Training
for Cottage Food Producers
March 16th: Business Incubator,
May 18th: Montrose County Fairgrounds
July 13th: First Baptist Church, Delta CO
October 5th: Business Incubator,
October 19th: Montrose County Fairgrounds
Training Time: 9:00 am to noon
Fee: $25 Pre-registration is required.
For more information, call the Mesa County Extension Office at 970-244-1834
Learn to safely produce food from home for a cottage food business.
YOU WILL LEARN:
Overview of Colorado Cottage Foods Act
Basic food safety– including proper hygiene; preventing cross contamination and cross contact of food allergens; temperature control for safe food preparation, storage,
transportation and sales
Ingredient labeling requirements
Special considerations for food preparation
at high altitudes
Fly the American Flag to honor our troops fighting for our freedom! Thanks!
Area Farm Markets
- Norwood Farm and Craft Market, Click here for Winter schedule
- Telluride Farm Market
- Ridgway Farm Market
- Ouray Farm Market
- Farm Market Facts
Choose My Plate
- This link will help you get a grip on food portions and has a Meal-Tracker to help you los weight!!
- Click here for more....
CSU Ext Recipes
- Carrot Soup
- Cuke Slaw
- Kale Pesto
- Raw Green Bean Salad
- Squash Salad
- Coriander Scented New Potatoes
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Cherry Smoothie
- Mediterranean Pasta
- Honey Herb Sauce for Veggies
- Charred Tomato & Mango Gazcho
- Cucumber Salsa
- Homemade Paleo Caramels
- Homemade Dairy-free, Grain-free Chocolate
- Homemade Chocolate covered Toffee
- Check out Butterball.com