Colorado State University Extension
Serving San Miguel & West Montrose Counties
2015 NATIVE PLANT
EDUCATIONAL FIELD TRIP
Learn Plant Families & Key Characteristics
MAY 15th-OUR 5TH ANNUAL CONFLUENCE FIELD TRIP
- Explore the unique river canyon plant communities along the Dolores River Road between Bedrock and Uravan, CO.
- This section of the canyon is home to the rare Astragalus linifolius (Grand Junction Milkvetch) and the desert- steppe canyon Galium coloradense (bedstraw). What different flower species will we add to our plant lists this year?
All DAY TRIP 9-5 pm
NOTE! This class can be moderately strenuous, requiring walking up steep inclines, covering up to 1/2 mile distance in typical Colorado varying weather conditions.
Instructors: Yvette Henson- SMB/CSU County Extension Director
& Connie Colter- Native Plant Master Trainer
SIGN UP BEFORE MAY 10TH
For more details and to sign up call:
970-327-4393 OR (New email address)
2015 Seedling Tree Program
Deadline, April 20th, 4 pm
Once again CSU Extension will be offering Seedling Trees in cooperation with the CSFS. There is no longer a minimum acreage requirement. San Miguel Basin Extension Office is currently taking orders for the seedling trees.
The trees will be ready for pick-up the first week in May 7th and 8th. To qualify for the program:
Use the seedlings for conservation purposes! Seedling Tree Application to order trees and survival supplies forms are on our website or contact Mary Watson or
Yvette Henson at CSU Extension at
970-327-4393 or email Mary at email@example.com
Page Last Updated:
April 17, 2015
- Western Colorado Insects
- Agriculture & Business Management
- Custom Rates for Farms & Ranches
- Climate Information and Updates
- 2015 SEEDLING TREE PROGRAM, click here for application
- Seedling Tree Survial catalog
- Perennials & Seedling Tree Inventory, click here