Small Acreage Programs
|Small Acreage Management
Whether new to farming or an old pro, understanding your land and resources is crucial.We have many areas of interest for you to explore.
| Pasture/Range Management Resources
Proper grazing techniques can produce greener and more forageable pastures or rangeland. This simple technique involves allowing grass time to regrow between grazing intervals, and avoiding overgrazing. Pasture management will reduce weeds by maintaining healthy vegetation. The roots of the desired forbs, grasses and shrubs will out-compete weeds.
Area Farm Markets
- Norwood Farm and Craft Market
- Norwood Market Growers/Vendors
- Telluride Farm Market
- Ridgway Farm Market
- Ouray Farm Market
- Building Farmer Program, contact CSU Ext Office if interested in 2013 program!
- Native Plant Classes for 2013!
- ATTRA Soils and Compost info
- Backyard Composting, Simple, Small-Scale Methods, University of Wyoming
- Backyard Composting, Vermicomposting (worm composting), Composting bins and supplies
- Colorado's Worm Composting Expert John Anderson (the Worm Man)
- Composting Horse Manure
- NRCS Composting Tipsheet
- Landowner Newsleter for Winter, 2013