Family and Consumer Science Programs in the Tri River Area
|2015 Food Safety Training for Colorado Cottage Food Producers|
|2014 ServSafe Certification Course
ServSafe is a nationally recognized course developed by the National Restaurant Association as a comprehensive treatment of the subject of food safety. In Grand Junction, the classes are held at the Business Incubator Center. In Delta, the classes are at the Delta Montrose Technical College. For upcoming dates and to register, please call 970-244-1834.
|Food Safety Moderization Act|
Did You Know....
We Can Test Your Dial Gauge Lids!
Just bring in your dial guage pressure canner lids to one of our Tri River Area county offices, simply call your local Extension office:
Delta 874-2195; Mesa 244-1834; and Montrose & Ouray Counties 249-3935 for more information. Cost is $10 per lid. Gauge accuracy will be tested and recommendations made regarding proper canning times and procedures. Research based information will also be available.
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Online Support
- USDA Meat & Poultry Hotline 1-888-674-6854
- Let's Talk Turkey - A Consumer Guide to Safely Roasting a Turkey
- USDA Meat & Poultry Hotline for the Hearing Impaired (TTY) 1-800-256-7072
- Food Safety and Inspection Service of the USDA - Fall, Winter and Holiday Resources (English and Spanish)
- National Turkey Federation - Seasonal and Holiday Ideas and Chef Cooking Demonstration Video Clips
- University of Nebraska Thanksgiving Preparation Tips
- Smoking Poutry Meat - CSU Extension Fact Sheet
- Food Storage for Safety and Quality - CSU Extension Fact Sheet