Small Acreage Management Program
Whether you have five acres or 100, the goals you set and how you manage your land will determine if it will be beautiful, profitable, productive and purposeful.
The Tri River Area (TRA) Small Acreage Management Program provides educational programs for small acreage landowners and entry-level agriculturists in Delta, Mesa, Montrose and Ouray Counties. The workshops, conferences, webinars, field demonstrations, and our vast array of information can help you meet your objectives no matter what level of experience you have.
Raising crops, livestock or even a simple vegetable garden requires you to know the most effective way to do at least some of the following:
- Understanding your soil and which plants will thrive in it
- Setting up and maintaining pastures
- How to plant trees or crops
- Mitigating noxious or obnoxious weeds
- Rotating sheep, goats, cattle, or horses and managing grazing
- Incorporating and working with water entitlements
- Managing pests
- When and the best way to harvest
- Incorporating sustainable agricultural practices into your daily life
- Going organic
- Establishing a direct marketing plan
- Creating a financial plan and saving money
You are the 873rd person to view this website.