Colorado State University Extension in Arapahoe County provides citizens with information and educational programming on gardening and lawn care, nutrition and food safety, agriculture, youth development and more.
|2013 Food Preservation Workshops
Learn to make cheese, yogurt, salsa, sauerkraut and more! Learn canning, freezing and drying techniques.
|Small Steps to Health and Wealth
Let us bring this program to your workplace or group to improve health and personal finances.
|Free Nutrition Classes
If you are eligible for Food Assistance, WIC or HeadStart, then attend our free series and receive cooking supplies and a cookbook.
- USDA invites Specialty Crop Block Grant applications by May 1
- Farm to School tallies U.S. schools buying local food - USDA
- Intro to Hard Cheeses Workshop - May 4
- 4-H Talent Show - May 5
- Making Yogurt at Home Workshop - May 11
- Soft Cheeses and Ricotta Workshop - May 16
- Fermenting Foods Workshop - June 1
- Arapahoe County Fair - July 24-28
- Regional Events Calendar
(click on the bold numbers to see the events for that day)