For all people who work and grow with children ages 0-8 years, including parents, center and family child care providers, other educators, health care and social service professionals. Contribute to raising healthy, capable children by educating yourself. Help children ages 0-8 acquire healthy life skills BEFORE a problem begins.
Each six hour session includes
- Information contributing to healthy neurobiological, social & emotional development of children ages 0-8 years.
- Information on the importance of relationships and building secure adult-child attachments.
- Suggestions for enhancing guidance, limit setting, handling feelings, stress management and coping strategies.
- Techniques for establishing pro social/nonviolent environments.
- Ideas to support assets for children and foster resiliency and discussion of positive youth development models.
- Identification of substances of abuse and their impact, along with stress,violence and maltreatment, on children & families.
- Certificate for six Child Care ongoing training hours.
- All training materials.
- Technical assistance including 1-800 number for follow-up with the instructor.
- Additional in-depth subject specific materials available from CFERT Parenting Information Clearinghouse & Resource Center.
How You Can Help Us
- - Schedule a SKILLS workshop
- - Reserve a training site
- - Contact us for other staff development needs