Colorado State University Extension in El Paso County is the bridge between the research-based knowledge developed on the campus of Colorado State University and local citizens.
Spring Gardening Classes
Register online now for CSU Extension gardening and lawn care classes! Classes are held at the Extension office from 2:00 - 4:00 on Tuesdays and are repeated at the new Fountain Creek Nature Center on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30. Cost is only $10!!! Topics include:
- Lowdown on Lawn Care – February 25 and repeated February 27
- Insects, Diseases and Stressors of Woody Plants – March 4 and repeated March 6
- Installing and Maintaining a Drip Irrigation System – March 11 and repeated March 13
- Soil – The Foundation of a Successful Garden – March 18 and repeated March 20
- Composting and Vermicomposting – March 25 and repeated March 27
- Perennials and Bulbs – April 1 and repeated April 3
- Basic Vegetable Gardening – April 8 and repeated April 10
- The Science of Planting Trees plus The History of Trees in the Pikes Peak Region – April 15 and repeated April 17
Kill-A-Watt Program Interested in saving energy? Learn how!