Fremont County Extension
Congratulations, Penrose Horses & Hounds 4-H Club!
They organized a fundraising event to benefit Nighthawk Ranch in Guffey? Nighthawk Ranch is a place where kids with cancer can camp and enjoy a real ranch experience. Check out their website at: http://www.nighthawkranchcolorado.org/ They raised more than $4,000 at their May 24 event. WOW! They made 4-H look good!
Way to go!!!
Hoodies For Sale
We have 4-H hoodies for sale in the Extension Office. We currently have them in forest green, chocolate brown, dark heather (gray), and antique cherry (red). We can get other sizes and colors. Children’s and adult sizes are $20 each and 2XL are $23. Zip ups are a little more; $24 for regular sizes and $27 for 2XL. Stop by to see them, try them on, and take one home or place your order! Show your pride in Fremont County 4-H!
Important Information for County Fair
Be sure to carefully read the 2014 Fair Book to make sure you know ALL the rules!
- Beef Weights will be: 1,000 pound minimum and a 1,450 pound maximum.
- Beef Carcass Weights will be 549 pound minimum and 1,000 pound maximum.
- Swine Weights will be: 220 pound minimum and a 290 pound maximum.
- Livestock Trophies will be given at the end of each species show.
- Market animals (Beef, Goats, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, and Swine) that are within the withdrawal time of any medication will NOT be allowed to stay on the grounds, exhibit, or sale (this includes companion animals).
- Horse – 4-Her’s will be allowed to enter all events they choose.
- New this year is a Beef Rate-of-Gain Contest.
It’s a 4-H Swim Party!
4-H Council will furnish burgers, hot dogs, fixin’s & drinks.
You bring a dish to share & your own table service.
Where: Rudd Park
Time: Dinner 5:30 PM
When: Friday, July 18.
$$ Dollar Days at the County Fair $$
Who doesn’t like a bargain? Plan now for Dollar Days at the county fair! On Monday, July 28 and Tuesday July 29 for only $1 you can get one of these items:
JBean & Cheese Burrito
JChips & Drink
JSmall Sno-Cone What a deal! Available while you are waiting to do your interview judging or the first day the building is open to the public.
Theme: Water, Water Everywhere
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Members must be 4-H members/Cloverbuds. Camp is not open to the public.
Check in 8:30 to 9:00 AM at 4-H Building, rodeo grounds
Presentations and awards will begin at 2:30
Cost $5.00 including snack, lunch
Sign up by July 10