4-H Youth Development
4-H is a national youth development program that has been in existence for more than 100 years. The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives.
Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
Being part of a 4-H club is one of the most meaningful ways to participate in 4-H. Youth can also be involved in special interest programs, school enrichment and mentoring programs sponsored by 4-H.
SNAPS (Something Nice About People Slips)
- “I love Livestock Council!”
- “Tyler Jane does a great job of running 4-H Alliance meetings! You are awesome Tyler Jane”
- “Danielle and Tamera, you guys did an amazing job catching your calves at the Stock Show!”
- “Great Job Horse Council for getting everything together for Hairy Horse Show!”
2013 Horse Show Bills
- Hairy Horse Show - 2013 Show Bill
- Arvada Hoofprinters Show - 2013
- Horsefeathers Show - 2013
- Pleasant Park Horse Show -2013 (Flyer)
- Pleasant Park Showmanship Camp 2012
- Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Horse Show 2012
- Rough Riders Horse Show 2012
- Working Ranch Horse Clinic 2012
- Rough Riders Fun Show 2012
2013 Horse Show Schedule
- February 17 – Equine Experience Clinic – Jeffco Event Center Arena
- May 12 – Hairy Horse Show – Westernaires Arena
- May 19 – Arvada Hoofprinters Show – Westernaires Arena
- June 23 – Horsefeathers Show – El Pinal Arena (Evergreen)
- July 13 &14 – Pleasant Park Horse Show – McKeever Arena (Conifer)
- July 21 – Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Show – Rodeo Arena (Fairgrounds)
- July 28 – Rough Riders Show – Table View Arena (Fairgrounds)
- August 8 & 9– County Fair – Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- August 22-25 – State Fair – Pueblo
- September 8 – Equine Event – Rodeo Arena (Fairgrounds)
- September 29 – Rough Riders Fun Show – Table View Arena (Fairgrounds)
2013 Horse Judging Team Results
Jeffco Horse Judging Team contest results:
Pueblo County Contest - 4th high team overall
Weld County Contest - Clara Ritchie high individual in performance judging, 5th high team in performance, 6th high team overall
El Paso County Contest - Cheyenne Brock 10th high individual in halter judging, Kailey DeVore 9th high individual in halter judging, 3rd high team in halter, 6th high team overall
Congratulations to our Horse Judging Team for a great season so far!
2013 4-H Seedling Tree Program: Thank you to those who supported us this year!
Alliance Jump Street Fund Raiser May 24
4-H Equine Vision Journey Workshop
Denver Colt Starting Challenge July 19-20
2013 Dog Shows
Adams County Spring Fling Dog Show Flyer on May 18
Pueblo County Dog Shows are on May 18 and June 8
A unique workshop is coming up June 15-16 for a select group of youth who'd like to examine their passions, strengths and dreams WITH HORSES!
- Summer Camps - A licensed child care provider, the program offers students entering 3rd a chance to become science explorers and those entering 4th and 5th grade to explore Colorado’s natural and cultural history.
State Conference - June 18-21, 2013 Information is now up at the CSU WebsiteThe Colorado State 4-H Conference provides great training for 4-H members, leaders, and Extension agents. Members also participate in state contests! 2013 Tentative Schedule
Babysitter Training Consider enrolling in a Red Cross babysitter training class sponsored by Jefferson County 4-H. For young teens aged 11 -13. Choose one of two classes: Mon., Nov. 25 or Tues., Nov. 26 from 9 til 4.