Welcome to Jefferson County Extension
Discover... Learn... and Explore with us!
What our Youth Need is YOU!
Consider this for a New Year’s resolution: Be a 4-H mentor. One hour a week to change lives – yours and theirs!
As a mentor, you will open doors to interests in science, technology, engineering and math, as well as help them develop life skills such as self-esteem, responsibility, problem solving, cooperation, sharing and teamwork.
Training provided! Click here for details.
Emerald Ash Borer Found in Boulder
Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) was found in Boulder, CO, in September 2013. As a non-native insect, EAB lacks predators to keep it in check. EAB only attacks ash trees, and is responsible for the death of millions of ash trees in the midwest. Help protect Colorado's ash trees!
Please see this link for more information on the Colorado Department of Agriculture's web site.
Follow these links:
4-H Seedling Tree Program Available
Seedling trees grown by the Colorado State Forest Service Nursery in Fort Collins will be available for spring planting. Orders must be received by April 1, 2014. NEW this year, there is no minimum acreage requirement to purchase seedlings from this program.
Free Financial Webinars!
Participate from your office, home or web-enabled device. All are 10:30 am - 12:30 pm Mountain Time. Visit the registration lik to reserve your spot.
- Top Ten Money Tips for 2014 - January 7
- Tips for Tax Prep & Filing - January 30
- How to Save $500 - Quick, easy steps! - February 24
- Women & Money: Unique Issues - February 26
- Money Saving Vacation Tips - March 18
- Don't be "April- Fooled" - Smart Shopping Tips, Tricks & Gimmicks - April 1
Plant Diagnostic Clinic
Jefferson County CSU Extension empowers county citizens and enhances their quality of life through education, innovation and excellence in service.
- 4-H and Youth Development Adult Leader Volunteers
- Colorado Master Gardener Volunteers
- Native Plant Master Volunteers
(click on the bold numbers to see the events for that day)